Re: gEDA-user: gschem crash on object drag

Abhijit Kshirsagar <abhijit86k@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> I'm using gschem 1.6.1.20100214 on an Ubuntu 10.10 machine. I'm making a
> simple schematic - just a couple of devices and just one page. I find that
> it crashes with a "Segmentation fault" reported on my terminal.

Please upgrade to gEDA 1.6.2, which contains fixes for several bugs in
1.6.1, and see if that resolves your problem.

If upgrading does not seem to fix the bug, please provide detailed steps
to reproduce the crash.  There is at least one known crash bug in 1.6.2:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/geda/+bug/704829

The bug is fixed in the latest unstable 1.7.x releases, but we do not
provide Ubuntu packages for these.

Regards,

                                  Peter

--