Re: gEDA-user: gschem crash on object drag

   Thanks. I will try with the newer version.
   As of now I think the problem lies in one of the custom components I'm
   using - but that should still not cause a segfault right?`
   Also, I'd have liked some inputs on how to debug the problem. Is
   there some way of enabling "debug" logging or something?
   Thanks again!
   Regards,
   ~Abhijit

   On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 20:11, Peter Brett <[1]peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     Abhijit Kshirsagar <[2]abhijit86k@xxxxxxxxx>
     writes:

   > I'm using gschem 1.6.1.20100214 on an Ubuntu 10.10 machine. I'm
   making a
   > simple schematic - just a couple of devices and just one page. I find
   that
   > it crashes with a "Segmentation fault" reported on my terminal.

     Please upgrade to gEDA 1.6.2, which contains fixes for several bugs
     in
     1.6.1, and see if that resolves your problem.
     If upgrading does not seem to fix the bug, please provide detailed
     steps
     to reproduce the crash. ÂThere is at least one known crash bug in
     1.6.2:
     Â[3]https://bugs.launchpad.net/geda/+bug/704829
     The bug is fixed in the latest unstable 1.7.x releases, but we do
     not
     provide Ubuntu packages for these.
     Regards,
     Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂPeter