Re: gEDA-user: Foss-pcb Proposed plan from CERN

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Indeed.  The posts to the list that I woke up to this morning took a
> > frighteningly KiCad-centric turn.
> >
> Well, this is, because apparently one of the kicad developers showed up.
> Is any of the geda devs going to join the OHR mailinglist?

The guy from cern seemed equally leaning towards kicad and a
kicad-like toolset.  Especially with comments like "I bet KiCad will
gain more developers quite soon."  Depending on how influential he is,
the "battle" may be over before it even begins.

I chuckled at what this community would think of the comment, in
response to "There are users who prefer separate dedicated
applications to an integrated design environment.", "BTW. How many of
these users have ever designed a PCB with more than 4 layers and, say,
300 components? From my own experience, above the certain level of PCB
complexity the intuitiveness and efficiency of the GUI become a
paramount. "  As someone who only does relatively simple boards, I
wasn't in a position to respond.  Maybe some of our power users could
step in?

Jared