Re: gEDA-user: Foss-pcb Proposed plan from CERN

   I believe the KiCAD folks are also looking at this.
   -John

   On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak
   <[1]knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Kovacs Levente wrote:
   >> CERN might come up with tip money for developers.
   >> Anyone have the time to be in a committee?
   >
   > I am very interested in this project. I don't really know what would
   be the
   > tastks in the committee. Please let me know about any details. I
   subscribed to
   > the mailing list.

     I subscribed to the mailing list, too. And so did Larry Doolittle,
     who already
     wrote to the list. :-)
     The response by Javier Serrano was interesting:
     (  [2]http://lists.ohwr.org/sympa/arc/foss-pcb/2011-08/msg00003.html
     )
     The commercial package he wants to keep up with seems to be altium
     designer.
     I used  protel99 (the predecessor of altium designer) from 2000 to
     2005. And I
     must say, that I too missed most of the features Javier asks for,
     since I
     started with geda.
     ---<)kaimartin(>---
     --
     Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel:
     [3]+49-511-762-2895