Re: gEDA-user: New gtk menu system

Forget about my last message on the X-windows error. (*) I just rebooted and
pcb runs fine now. Must have been some funky mix of recent updates in the
X-windows libs on my system.

The new layer selector is beautiful!
I like the way the suares indicate laxyer visibility. The fact

Some glitches:
I don't see any visual feedback which item the mouse cursor currently refers to.
Gnome user expectation seems to be, that the item should be highlighted with
background changing to focus color. Much the same way that the items in a menu
highlight on mouse-over. Currently, I get focus color only after I clicked a
layer.

Layers can be selected  with middle mouse button, too. Is this deliberate?
The old layer chooser did not respond to middle mouse button click at all.
IMHO, middle mouse should stay reserved for some funky functions yet to be
designed (e.g. make the layer temporarily visible while the button is pressed)

---<)kaimartin(>---

(*) Sorry, I can't reply to myself, because my message has not yet made it
to the list. Judging from experience This will probably take some hours or
days)

--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211