Re: gEDA-user: How to find which specific part of a PCB is shorted?

On 08/31/2011 04:57 PM, Thomas Oldbury wrote:

    The 3.3V bus is used all over the board. How can I locate specifically
    which part is shorted?

Divide and conquer...delete some trace segments or reroute 2 pieces where one long one is
and see what changes...

It must be something I placed recently, but I do
    not have an undo buffer as I closed the program down before I noticed
    this.

I've used the highlighting to find problems.  You know there is a wrong connection to
3.3V bus, so highlight that trace and see what all is connected to it.  The intersection
of the non-power traces that are highlighted and the power bus is where the problem is.

John