gEDA-user: Version compatibility between gschem and PCB

   I came across an board layout file that requires a newer version of PCB
   than I have installed.  My version of PCB is 20091103.  If I upgrade to
   the most recent version of PCB, will it be able to interoperate with
   gschem 1.6.1.20100214?
   Also, a clarification of terminology for me is needed.  The PCB website
   ([1]http://pcb.gpleda.org/) lists a number of 'snapshots'......are
   these beta releases or are they the most recent releases for
   distribution?
   Another related question.  I am running gschem and PCB under Ubuntu
   10.10, Maverick Meerkat.  Are there any issues in upgrading PCB for
   this version of Ubuntu?
   I guess a related question is where can I find the most recent package
   release of gEDA for this version of Ubuntu.
   Thank you for your help.
   -John