Re: gEDA-user: Automatically start wire placement when you press the hotkey?

   Ditto
   John

   2011/8/11 yamazakir2 <[1]yamazakir2@xxxxxxxxx>

     I agree, magnetic mode is an instant disable for me everytime I
     install gschem
     On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 7:38 AM, John Doty <[2]jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     > On Aug 11, 2011, at 5:48 AM, Krzysztof Kościuszkiewicz wrote:
     >
     >> Author: Peter Clifton <[3]pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
     >
     >>    This allows "magnetic net" mode to be used for the start-point
     of a net
     >>    as well as its end-point, whilst still being able to initiate
     net drawing
     >>    with the "n" key.
     >
     > No, please, no. "Magnetic net mode" is a misfeature as far as I'm
     concerned: I always disable it. It's extremely prone to changing its
     mind in the milliseconds between the time I decide to click the
     mouse and the time I actually click it. And it never routes a net in
     a sensible way, so I mostly find myself holding down control when
     using it, so I can add midpoints in the right places.

     > The gschem UI is very efficient with its single key "switch modes
     *and* start an action" single-key accelerators. Please keep these
     intact.