gEDA-user: tragesym error - help please!

   So I follow the tutorial on creating a gschem symbol
   ([1]http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:tragesym_tutorial), get the .ods
   template from
   [2]http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/_media/tragesym:template2.ods, fill it
   in with my data, save it as .csv
   and execute: tragesym foo.csv foo.sch
   and I keep getting:
   error: version attribut missing
   So, I repeat the process, and I only enter in 8 pins, and the data
   fields shown in the tutorial.
   I get the same error...wtf?
   The version number is clearly in the field in the .ods and .csv files,
   so....any help is appreciated.
   BTW, there is an error in the tragesym error statement...It should be
   'attribute' and not 'attribut'...hey, i should be lucky I even get this
   much..lol
   John