Re: gEDA-user: tragesym error - help please!

   Hi Werner:
   Thank you for pointing out the error, however, I am using Open Office
   and from what I can see, there is no way to "save as text".
   In open office, if I say File->Save As, the options are: Text CSV, with
   options to change the Character set (Unicode UTF8 is the default),
   Field Delimiter, options are , ; : tab space, and Text Delimiter,
   options are:" '
   I tried Field delimiters of: tab and space, with text delimiter options
   of " and ' (all combinations), and none of them worked.
   I looked at M$ Excel (2007) and it indeed has the save as text file
   (tab delimited) option (I did not try this approach.
   (I found this somewhat strange in that using open sources tools to
   construct the symbols would not have the proper format (e.g. open
   office spreadsheet) but M$ Excel does.  )
   I did copy the open office spreadsheet file into  gedit, saved it, and
   it worked. Thank you!
   John

   On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Werner Hoch <[1]werner.ho@xxxxxx>
   wrote:

     Hi John,

   On Samstag, 13. August 2011, John Hudak wrote:
   > The file is attached.  Thank you for taking the time to look at it.

     The cells in the csv-file has a comma s seperator.
     tragesym expects a tab as seperator.
     You should use "save as txt" and not "save as csv".
     It's the step5 in the tutorial:

   [2]http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:tragesym_tutorial

   > > > BTW, there is an error in the tragesym error statement...It
   > > > should be 'attribute' and not 'attribut'...hey, i should be
   > > > lucky I even get this much..lol

     It's just a typo or missing translation (attribute in english is
     Attribut in german).

   Regards
   Werner