Re: gEDA-user: Makefile errors

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:14am, Robert Schoen wrote:
first off let me oppologize, I am a newbie and on my way to converting to
linux, so this problem may seem a little elementary. MS windows, VB, SQL i
know, but, this is all together different..
I have gotten a series of errors when I run the makefile that I believe may be
related to the shell I am running or a missing shell. I have been getting a
series of errors lile this.
[root@192 geda-20030901]# ./Makefile
./Makefile: line 1: VERSION: command not found

You don't run Makefiles directly...they are input files for the "make" program. To use a Makefile, tyoe "make" and hit return...it will read and use a file called "Makefile" (or "makefile") in the current directory.

-Dave