gEDA-user: gnetlist speed

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 10:19:04PM -0500, John Doty wrote:
> > If gnetlist can handle very large flat schematics without slowing down
> > painfully, I'll go ahead and write the dummy flat .sch files.  Does
> > anyone know?
>
> I have a 700 net flat schematic I'm working on. Gnetlist takes about 4.5
> minutes to generate a netlist on an 800 MHz PowerBook G4.

Something bad is going on here.  I have a 200 net flat schematic.  I ran
through all of the gnetlist backends and they mostly take about 6.5 to
7.5 seconds except for bom2 which took around 12 seconds.  This is on a
440 MHz UltraSparc-ii based machine.  You about about 4x the nets, but
a machine which should easily be faster than mine yet its taking nearly
40 times longer for you.

Just for kicks, how long does it take if you use '-g geda' (the geda
backend)?

-Dan