Re: gEDA-user: Life and death for gEDA: portability...

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:21:43AM +1100, Terry Porter wrote:

> Dan, your breadth of experience bodes really well for PCB I think, I'm using your
> latest release right now and it's as smooth as silk, just like Gaf!

unfortunately my experience doesn't include much of the real core of PCB.

> Planing an article on GPL vs Freeware PCB design, I downloaded Protel Autotrax, the only non Gaf
> "free" uncrippled pcb layout package I'm aware of.

Whats your target publication and audience?  I'd be happy to review anything.  I've thought
from time to time about trying to put together an article for EDN or similar publication
about free EDA tools.  Haven't quite gotten the time though.

> Thanks for all the work that you have done on PCB, and thanks to the other developers, ie
>  DJ Delorie..

Don't forget harry eaton.  He's done quite a lot.  In fact relative to him and DJ, I'm
largely a coordinator although I have great plans.  Unfortunately, the "step 1:  win lottery
to achieve copius free time" part hasn't been working out!

-Dan