Re: gEDA-user: xaw vs. gtk future?

Bob Paddock wrote:

On 12/3/05, *DJ Delorie* <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dj@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> I started with the xaw PCB, and that's what I run now. But is there > a plan, on the part of dev's or users, to pursue either the xaw or > gtk version over the other?

    The Xaw version is not being maintained, except perhaps for serious
    yet easy to fix bugs.

The Xaw version will not even build now, I have tried, even when using
the appropriate --enable/--disable switches. Xaw worked a lot better under Cygwin.

You have to check out the Xaw branch from cvs to get it to build.

-Dan