Re: gEDA-user: wxPCB Goals

Bob Paddock wrote:

A refresher for anyone new to the list. I want to use PCB at work. The only way that is going to happen

is that if there is a version of PCB that is a native windows application, native in all respects including 'help'.
The IT guy at work has told me "Linux is a toy", they put out a edict that said my Linux laptop was
not allowed in the building (just got in a Linux SBC that I'm considering for a product, this should be fun).
IT has come around and nuked Cygwin on my machine, they needed a scapegoat when they could not restore a backup tape, some of the Cygwin files "had funny permissions
on them"; got called in to the VP's office to explain why. Hope that explains my motivation for wxPCB.
If anyone is taking resumes the whole wxPBC 'help' issues becomes moot. :-)

Hmm. Sounds to me like it's time for a new job, Bob.

      -Dave