Re: gEDA-user: gEDA mounting hole for screws

Em Ter 06 Dez 2005 19:55, toaster2@xxxxxxxxxxxx escreveu:
> Hi,
> I request some pointers please. My board requires 4 holes to mount it onto
> the case box. How do I specify the holes? Do I put them in gschem, or just
> pcb? How can I specify the size?
> Thanks,
> Frank

I dont. I simply use vias to do that. Place a via, with s over it you increase
the size, and alt+s you increase the hole size. With control+r you see her
dimensions. With control+h you transform he in a unplated hole, wich is
desireble in most cases, BUT, check that her drilling commands (the one that
the CNC uses to drill the board) goes to a file wich have the word "unplated"
in her name (the other holes goes to the file with "plated" in her name). IF,
and only IF your pcb fab uses two drilling processes (one to the plated holes
and another for the unplated holes), it worked well. In my case, it does not
work, because my fab uses only one drilling process, so if I want to have an
unplated hole I have to havew vias without arcs around them. To do it, or I
transform the via in a hole with control h, and edit by hand the drilling
files, or I edit the .ps outputs and cut out the arcs around the vias.
If you want to use the via to make contact with the chassis or shield, you
MUST convert it to a component to have the soldermask clear (you cand o it on
pcb with a normal via by showing the soldermask and pressing k over it, but
it only works on pcb. The output doesnt reflect it because of a bug - i
think).