Re: gEDA-user: gschem: no connects and active low signals

> Two details I'm pretty sure I've seen documented, but can't pin down now
> that I need them:
> 1) Is there an explicit "no connect" symbol that I can/should place in
> the schematic to prevent gnetlist from thinking I've forgotten a connection?

misc -> nc-left, nc-right, nc-top, nc-bottom.

Caution:  I have seen situations where this symbol creates a net
called "no_connect" (or "NC",  or something like that).  If you use
more than one, all the no connects pins get connected together --
which is exactly what you don't want!  Make sure you inspect your
netlist if you use this symbol!!!!

> 2) How do I place a pin label in a symbol that will indicate an active
> low or inverted signal (i.e. how do I put a "bar" across the signal
> name?)  I know I can put a dot at the pin to indicate an inversion, but
> I would like the pin name to match the manufacturer's documentation.

Lots of schematic capture packages lack this feature.  Gschem lacks
it, AFAIK.  (I could be wrong, however)  The industry standard way to
handle this is to label the pin OUT_N or OUT_L or OUT#.  In
particular, the OUT# nomenclature seems to be very widespread in PCI
bus systems, while the OUT_N usage is more generic.

Stuart