Re: gEDA-user: Re: Wishes, bugs and misunderstandings (6-10)

Hi,

>  That seemed to do it.  I got it installed (I think).  Is there anything I
>can change in the Makefile to tell me that the "right version" is installed
>like in the about box (like "this is the cvs version xx)?

Not at the moment.  Hmmm... Maybe I will define
libgeda/defines.h's #define CUSTOM_VERSION to be "CVS" and that way people
can tell the difference between CVS and a released version.  Any objections
to this?

Here's the code comment about CUSTOM_VERSION:
/* Set this empty string to something interesting if creating a custom */
/* version of gEDA/gaf.  This string is appended to all messages that */
/* output the program's VERSION.  You would set this if you are creating a */
/* specific custom version of gEDA/gaf.  For example if you set this string */
/* to "-TEST", the resulting output would be 20060906-TEST. */
#define CUSTOM_VERSION ""

Obviously for release versions, I will remove the CVS and the version will
be 200612xx instead of 200612xx-CVS

								-Ales