gEDA-user: tool for hierarchic names in replicated layout cells on gedasymbols.org

Hi,

I added this to http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_griessen/

pcb-hier-cells Generator for putting the hierarchic names, (in flat netlist), gnetlist outputs into your layout.

It's an immediate way to get some hierarchic speedup in layout method, even with flat gnetlist netlists made with subschematics containing refdes with next level up signal name to hook to, and attribute source=schematicname.sch attached to the symbol in next level up. It seems useful for one level of hierarchy in layout, where the layout cell should have all the same part names as any identical ones, but with a prefix of S1/ or S5/ or S6/. I am using small parts, (but not as small as in the sodering challenge!), so I turn off visibility of most of these refdes names that end up looking like S1/R2, S1/D2, S1/TVS1.

John G