Re: gEDA-user: Gschem printing style chang (20060123 to 20060906)

Mike Jarabek wrote:
 Is it possible to add a scaling factor? Old postscript exporter
created postscript text a bit bigger than vector text.

That can be done, but I had believed that the text size was in 'points' from the data structures. The trouble is that the Helvetica font that is being used to print the schematics does not have the same font metrics as the stroked vector font. If you change the output font for another font, the scaling factor that we have chosen for the Helvetica is unlikely to be the 'right' scale factor for the new font. This probably needs to be a user tunable parameter too.

When I made a gschem symbol with thicker than default line widths, the generated drawing of it on gedasymbols.org was about 10X fatter than the on screen and printout results. I mentioned this on this list and DJ said he'd give it a look, and it seems "same size as printed" now... Is that related?

See http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_griessen/symbols/gas-disch-tube-3.sym
(It is a good line width now -- as printouts and on screen are)

John Griessen