Re: gEDA-user: Gschem printing style chang (20060123 to 20060906)

Wojciech Kazubski <wk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> > I have checked in a patch for this behaviour.  Now, the default is to
> > draw lines that have a '0' width as thick as the nets.  This behaviour
> > is configurable through the system-gschemrc.  Look for the the
> > 'line-style' rc command for the details.
>
> In gschemrc there are lines that control width of nets, pins and buses.
> Is  another one to control width of lines in elements now?

Yes, look for (line-style "Thick") in the system-rc files.

> Postscript text on print is significantly smaller then the vector text on
> screen. Is it possible to add a scaling factor? Old postscript exporter
> created postscript text a bit bigger than vector text.

That can be done, but I had believed that the text size was in 'points' from
the data structures.  The trouble is that the Helvetica font that is being
used to print the schematics does not have the same font metrics as the
stroked vector font.  If you change the output font for another font, the
scaling factor that we have chosen for the Helvetica is unlikely to be
the 'right' scale factor for the new font.  This probably needs to be a user
tunable parameter too.

Ales, can I go ahead and add this? At the same time, I will add a command
that allows the name of the font to be changed.

> BTW. I found a bug in printing routine that under certain circumstances
may
> cause a print to be miscentered.

Can you elaborate?

                              Mike Jarabek