Re: RE: gEDA-user: mosfet design help

Here's a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish :
http://www.geocities.com/fazool1_2000/geda/sample.pdf

Switching frequency is around 500KHz - edges may be fast, but I'm not yet sure how fast.  I've been simulating with 1ns rise/fall time, but that number isn't based on any hard data.

In simulation, this arrangement works - but I am now certain the lid will blow off the mosfet :-)  Next step is to try to use the voltage divider at the gate.

Dan, are you saying that the Cgd will allow the fast transient input to couple to the output?  Interesting - I didn't think about that.  That sort of thing should show up in simulation, I expect.  There's some small signal mosfet's from ON semi - just ran across them this morning.  The Vgs max is +/-6V, and the gate has built-in transient supression ( http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NTA4153N-D.PDF ).  Maybe good?  I need to look closer.

gene