Re: gEDA-user: strange build failure

Hi,

I guess I forgot to mention that some people have very strong opinions
on this very topic.

[snip]
>On the other hand, many times we do not have access to a Linux box.
>Windows is unfortunately or not the single available desktop in many
>places. Now, I do not believe Windows users are jerks. Usually they are
>forced to use Windows.

	Oh dear.  I certainly did not intend to imply that ALL Windows
users are jerks.  Especially considering that I use Windows (ssshhhhhh!)
every single work day... :)  Sorry if I implied such.

>It is quite normal to end up with many "jerks" when you open your
>product to a few thousands more people. Just ignore them because for
>each jerk speaking to you are 1.000 good people on your side.

	Indeed.  However, it only takes a few jerks generating lots of
noise to drive away contributors.  Look at some of the sci.electronic.*
groups as an extreme example.

	Maybe I can finagle something where the Windows binaries are
included (get one and get another one free type bonus :-) with my super
uber secret (oops) plans for universal Linux binaries package.  That way
people who use Linux can run the Windows version without too much pain.
Benefits of this include:

	1) Expectations will be adjusted correctly that the programs in
	   the gEDA suite do not follow standard Windows practices.

	   and

	2) There is some minimal barrier to entry to keep away all
	   the difficult users away.

								-Ales