Re: gEDA-user: strange build failure

Hi Dan,

[snip]
>1)  I do think it would probably make sense to create a more unified top
>level build and top level distfile for gEDA.  While there may be some
>users who want to install gschem for schematics and only want to use it
>for postscript output, most people probably want to install the entire
>suite.  A single
>
>   ./configure --prefix=/opt/geda-2006xxyy
>   make
>   make install
>
>would be useful.  If others agree I can probably create a top level
>configure script and Makefile.am.  I suspect this would make many of the
>problems go away.

	Actually I've been working on a unified and *simple* build and
install scheme for the entire gEDA suite for GNU/Linux and maybe other
Unix systems.  I've almost got it all (gEDA/gaf (C), iverilog (C++),
and gspiceui (C++) to start; rest should be easy) working where I can
generate a set of binaries (contained within a .tar.gz with a trivial
installer) that can be run on virtual any Linux distribution from say
~July 2001 going forward.  I'll generate a demo tarball soon.

								-Ales