Re: gEDA-user: Re: strange build failure

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 09:29, Evan Lavelle wrote:

> Nice to see you've got a native Windoze build - I hope to get around to
> trying it over the next couple of months. I don't want to get involved
> in this particular flamefest, but it's a simple fact that most hardware
> development is on Windows. Anyone who seriously thinks otherwise should
> spend 20 minutes reading comp.arch.fpga.

I can confirm that it's a simple fact that most hardware development is on
Solaris, or, increasingly, Linux.  Anyone who seriously thinks otherwise
should work in the same office as a bunch of chip designers for a year or so.

Cheers,

Peter

P.S. Seriously.  They all had Windows boxes on their desks, but they'd use VNC
to run the Cadence IC development tools on a bunch of souped up Solaris and
Linux servers sitting at one end of the office...

--
Fisher Society committee                    http://tinyurl.com/o39w2
CUSBC novices, match and league secretary   http://tinyurl.com/mwrc9

v3sw6YChw7$ln3pr6$ck3ma8u7+Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Gb8en6g6Pa2Xs5Mr4p4
  hackerkey.com                                  peter-b.co.uk