Re: gEDA-user: New gnucap development snapshot

On Sunday 10 December 2006 08:10, Colin Hall wrote:
> [iMacG4:~/gnucap-2006-12-04] cgh% make install >
> make_install_out.lg g++: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
> g++: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
> [iMacG4:~/gnucap-2006-12-04] cgh%

This one may be serious.  "-rdynamic" tells the linker to share
its symbols with plugins.

> You're welcome. I found your November post on the dev list
> predicting this, explaining the reasons for the run-time
> error. I understand that the problem is with static
> initialisation when the initialisation code is from multiple
> translation units.

The "incorrect link order" message is something I put there to
identify this condition, to avoid having it show in surprising
ways.  If it starts and quits cleanly, I know that the order is
good.

I did some testing, and it appears that even if the link order
is fixed it still has a problem on a mac.