Re: gEDA-user: New gnucap development snapshot

On Sunday 10 December 2006 13:40, Colin Hall wrote:
> Here's what I learned from a session with gdb. Looks like it
> was trying to install something called "NPN".

That is good news.  Apparently it is just reversed from the
expected order.  I think two link orders will cover everything.

"NPN" is what you call the BJT model in a netlist.  Notice
that "d_bjt.o" is linked first.  Whatever "d_" or "bm_" file
that is listed first is the one it will point to.

Try linking "globals.o" first instead of last.

Actually, I tried that on a mac ..  Then it runs but there is a
problem when it exits.  I could hide the exit problem but I
don't work that way.  If you build around a bug, then you have
two bugs.  If the regression suite doesn't find it, now you
have three ...

Apple does not use the Gnu linker.  They use the old NeXT
linker.