Re: gEDA-user: Symbol submission

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 03:18:12PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Additionally- being a newbie of this program, the process of symbol
> > submission was not very obvious to me. It wasn't on the main page
> > and I doubt I would have found it had I not been looking for it.  I
> > would think that if the Symbol Submission was integrated within the
> > GUI, that perhaps the Symbol library may be larger then it is now?
> > Just a thought...
>
> I think we're migrating away from the submission thing and towards
> gedasymbols.org, where each contributor can manage their own public
> symbol libraries.

If I won't be able to submit through the old mechanism I won't probably submit
anymore.  gedasymbols.org are just too complicated for me. Subscription,
password management, directories, CVS - takes too much time. I contribute
symbols when I make one for Ronja project and don't want to slow down my work
on Ronja with unnecessary bureaucratical clutter. In that case the symbols
wouldn't be submitted but would still be available for download at
http://ronja.twibright.com/schematics/symbols

CL<