Re: gEDA-user: gschem symbol search order

Carlos Nieves Ónega writes:
 > [...]
 > > 	Ack!  This is changed behavior.  It seems that the order is
 > > now different then what I expected.  libgeda/gschem should always search
 > > the component libraries in the reverse order (that is your local libraries
 > > should be found first), however it is not doing that.  This is a bug
 > > and will be fixed.   Thanks for the bug report.
 >
 > Hopefully it's fixed now in HEAD.

I am curious on the reason that made you clib_directories from a
GSList to a GList. Correct me if I am wrong but this code is correct
and does not require a GList.

The bug is not in libgeda/s_clib.c but in all the places where
s_clib_search_basename() is used: the function calling it must be
careful enough to take the last item from the list. The bug is HERE
(libgeda and gschem).

So a better way to fix this problem would have been to use
g_slist_last() on the returned list and not to modify s_clib.c.

Patrick