gEDA-user: gschem and heterogeneous symbols

I was looking through the various gschem for answers to this, but I've come up with nothing.

Does gschem support the notion of heterogeneous schematic symbols? Consider a dual op-amp chip. I like the symbol for part A to include the power pins, and the symbol for part B to not include the power pins. Another use of this would be where you have an FPGA with several logical interfaces (a memory interface, a microcontroller bus interface, etc etc). I find schematics with a big 256-pin part with a bunch of wires sticking out of it to be rather messy, so the ability to create a custom symbol for each part cleans things up considerably.

Anyways, about the closest I can come to this idea is to create a pair of symbols for my dual op-amp. One symbol has the power pins; the other doesn't. Both symbols get the same ref des. I'm not sure how to set slot numbers and slotdef.

If this feature doesn't exist, then consider it a feature request!

-- a