Re: gEDA-user: Clarifying the License issues for gaf and PCB

DJ Delorie wrote:
After I verify a footprint I move it to a "released for production"
directory.

I've started grouping my library into "vetted" and "not vetted", with the vetted ones being the ones that have been fab'd and produce working boards.

I suppose I could add more steps, like "paper verified".  There seem
to be two mistakes I've made: wrong footprint, and wrong pinout.  The
first can be checked with a printout; the second usually waits until
the board is made and tested.

Over at peeron.com (well known to Lego fans :) they have already solved this problem for Lego set inventories. In a nutshell, they track who submitted a kit inventory and how the inventory was obtained, and also track 2 (maybe more?) reviewers who independently verify the inventory. May I suggest that gedasymbols do something similar? Perhaps tracking:

1. submitter name
2. submitter has fabbed (y/n)
3. Reviewer #1
4. Reviewer #1 method: a) paper verified b) fabbed
5. Reviewer #2
6. Reviewer #2 method: a) paper verified b) fabbed

-dave