Re: gEDA-user: gerber to .dxf converter

DJ Delorie wrote:
The advantage of going pcb->dxf and not gerber->dxf is that you only
have to worry about supporting the data we have, which is
significantly simpler than trying to support a generic gerber file.

Oh yes, I hear that. What's easy and what's most generally useful seldom overlap.

I wish I knew of a good rule checker tool for .dxf file portability... writing a file that looks similar to .dxf is a lot easier than writing .dxf that any tool can read, unfortunately. I don't have enough experience with .dxf to be confident that I could write a well formed file.

-dave