gEDA-user: DAQ add-on board for Balloon 3

Hi everyone,

Over the last couple of weeks I've been designing an add-on 8-channel DAQ card
for the 'Balloon 3' microprocessor system (http://www.balloonboard.org), with
which it will communicate via its 'SAMOSA' bus.

Each channel has its own 100 kS/s ADC, and all the ADCs operate synchronously.
The resolution is 12 bits over a range of 0-5 V.  The FPGA (non-volatile,
thus requiring few supporting parts) will provide clocking, buffering and
flow-control functions,

PDFs of the revision 0 schematics and PCB layouts can be found are online
(sorry, I can't release design files yet):

  http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~ptbb2/release-docs-20061218.tar.bz2

As you'll see, I had to work quite hard to fit all of the components needed
into such a small card!

Any comments/questions/suggestions/criticisms welcome!

Cheers,

Peter Brett

--
v3sw6YChw7$ln3pr6$ck3ma8u7+Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Gb8en6g6Pa2Xs5Mr4p4
  hackerkey.com                                  peter-b.co.uk