Re: gEDA-user: PCB manual routing

On 12/22/06, Tuck Hartshorn <tuck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I manual route, I cannot complete the connection to the DIP, the mouse
stops just short of the pin, as if there is a shield or blockage.

If you have deleted a trace sometimes small amounts of copper remain undeneath the pad. If you have selected "enforce DRC" you won't be able to connect. Turn off the pad layer and see if there is any copper underneath. If there is copper just delete it.

Also if you have accidentally deleted the net and you haven't run "optimze nets"
prior to starting the trace you may not be able to connect.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org