Re: gEDA-user: PCB manual routing

> So, I the autorouter prefers the component side and I dont see where
> to change this.

Make the undesired layers invisible.  The autorouter only routes on
visible layers.

> When I manual route, I cannot complete the connection to the DIP,
> the mouse stops just short of the pin, as if there is a shield or
> blockage.

Shut off "auto enforce DRC clearance".  Or, (1) make sure your netlist
is loaded, and (2) start your traces at the pins and work out, instead
of starting out there and working towards the pins.

> (btw, DJ, I saw a much earlier post where u where interested in
> sources for thin FR-4. Is that still the case?)

I was more curious about it, I have no real use for it other than
experimenting.  I wanted to see: (1) if I could feed it through my
laser printer, and (2) if I could make a four-layer board with blind
vias out of it.  So it would need to be 15 mil or less, single sided.
And cheap ;-)