gEDA-user: odd gschem behavior

I just updated gaf, and gschem is acting oddly.  It looks like it has
a "force my window on top" behavior, such that if I put some other
window over it, just changing the focus to the gschem window
(i.e. moving the mouse, no clicking) causes the gschem window to raise
itself to the top.

This alone is bad; the window shouldn't try to second guess the user
like this.

It gets worse, though.  The component window does the same thing.  If
I overlap the component window and the main window, they go to 100%
cpu trying to raise themselves over each other, to the exclusion of
other windows on my desktop.  I have to separate the windows to get
the system to stop looping.