Re: gEDA-user: PCB footprint - 2 sided part

John Luciani wrote:
On 12/27/06, Ostheller, Joel A. <JOEL.A.OSTHELLER@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can I get some tips on how I would create a footprint for this SMA right
angle connector that lives on both sides of the board? Should I create it
with through holes? Should I create two footprints

If you meant one connector on each side of a two sided board, the different pin number arrangement of holes comes from changing the "current layer" before placing the footprint, so it is flipped 180 degrees or not relative to some other part on the component side, for instance. You only need one footprint.
Most of them seem to be a 0.10 inch grid of five .065 inch holes.

I just bought some that have the center conductor as a surface mount contact instead of a through hole though. I wish I had a TDR setup so I could "see" the difference in signal impedance continuity between it and the usual ones...

John Griessen