Re: gEDA-user: question about autonumber in gschem HEAD

Hi Levente,

On Saturday 30 December 2006 15:27, Levente Kovacs wrote:
> If I use the autonumber text feature in gschem, and set "Search for:"
> to "refdes=*", then refdes's are truncated to the 1st letter. E.g.
> from CONN? there will be C1, C2...

Is this a question or a bug report? I'm not sure about it.

It should behave the following way:

refdes=* searches for all text element that matches it:
-->refdes=C
-->refdes=CONN
-->refdes=R

Then it renumbers each refdes with it's own numbers. If you have 5
capacitors and 5 connectors you should get:
C1-5 and CONN1-5

> And if there are Cn like
> capacitors, it renumbers CONN? as it was C?. So CONN? and C? are
> interpreted as they were all C?.

No.

BTW the behaviour of the * and the ? is different.
refdes=C? will only match with capacitors while refdes=C* will match
with capacitors and connectors.

> Am I missing something? I use the CVS HEAD of gschem.

I guess I should write some documentation. ;-)

Regards
Werner