gEDA-user: Re: question about autonumber in gschem HEAD

Dear Werner,

Thank you very much for your answer!

> Is this a question or a bug report? I'm not sure about it.

This is a question about do I do something wrong, or gschem! :-)

> It should behave the following way:
>
> refdes=* searches for all text element that matches it:
> -->refdes=C
> -->refdes=CONN
> -->refdes=R
>
> Then it renumbers each refdes with it's own numbers. If you have 5
> capacitors and 5 connectors you should get:
> C1-5 and CONN1-5

I made further investigation on the problem. If there is a C? to be
autonumbered before the CONN?, everything is numbered as C?. If the CONN?
appears before C? Then everything works just fine.

>> And if there are Cn like
>> capacitors, it renumbers CONN? as it was C?. So CONN? and C? are
>> interpreted as they were all C?.
>
> No.

Well... for me, yes. Please view the following screenshots.

http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/cuccok/gschem/gsch_before.jpg
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/cuccok/gschem/gsch_after.jpg

> BTW the behaviour of the * and the ? is different.
> refdes=C? will only match with capacitors while refdes=C* will match
> with capacitors and connectors.

I know.

--
Levente