Re: gEDA-user: gEDA for mass production?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> til now I only did hand soldering of prototypes.
>
> But I am curious, can gEDA (pcb) data be used for automatic placement
> and soldering of boards? (This may be a stupid question, but currently I
> do not know which data board manufactures use for placement of devices.)

The footprint origin is available and can be gotten somehow -- I have not done it yet.
You will need to make your footprints compatible with the process; probably all
with origin at pads centroid, or if you know there is an optimum grab
point on top of the package that is not at footprint centroid, make sure that package
has its origin there.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX