Re: gEDA-user: Pads do not clear polygons

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 09:21:29AM -0500, John Luciani wrote:
> Using my ancient version of PCB (2005????) I created a simple PCB by placing
> my DIP-28-300 footprint on a component-side polygon. All of the pads cleared
> the polygon. When I load the file in my newer version of PCB (20070221)
> none of the pads clear the polygon. I have not changed the default configuration
> of the newer version of PCB.

This seems to be the exact same bug I found last week for someone who
put a bug in the tracker.  It's caused by the 'via' (pin) in the middle
of the 'line' (pad).  The outer diameter of the pin is the same as the
pad, so the pin's thickness is tangent to the line.  If you reduce the
pins (even infinitessimally) it clears correctly.

DJ may be right about the dicer.  Notice if you hit 'f' on a pin, it
doesn't think it's shorted to the whole plane.  Also, if you switch to
thin draw, the clearances are there.  So the hole contours probably
exist.  That's a better lead than I had before, so I'll look into it.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>