Re: gEDA-user: anyone has had success with 0.2mm?

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 11:24:36AM -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:

> Randall Nortman wrote:
>
> The cheapest I've seen for 1 or 2 copies of a board with mask and
> silkscreen is batchpcb.com, by the SparkFun guys.

I've used them before.  The board quality is top notch.  If you need
many of a small design or a very short run, they're good.  $2.50/sq in
becomes extremely expensive compared to the competition if your board
gets too big, though.

> if you back off to 8/8
> trace/space and 10 mil screen you will have lots of options for
> prototyping services.

The other thing to watch out for is min drill size.  If you design for
someone with a 15mil min drill and then have to adapt it to a fab with
something larger (eg custompcb was 24mil, last I checked) you could be
in big trouble.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>