Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] "first board" docs

DJ Delorie wrote:
> I've been pondering the "your first board" chapter

> First board: two-pin jumper, resistor, LED.

> Second board: 555 blinky light. power jack,

> Third: 555 SMT blinky. mostly SMT, with a ground plane

> Comments?  Ideas?

Sounds great DJ.  We could also divide up into multiple types of
"first" users:
first electronics newbie,
first gschem 2 pcb board for the CAD experienced...

A board more interesting, but still popular would
be the usual stuff on the edge of a microcontroller prototyping board --
power jack, regulator circuit, terminal blocks, test points, LEDs for rudimentary display,
all in modular schematic/layout chunks.

They might even get used...in a "next board"

Getting the layout chunks merged would be a good exercise for writing up
howtos for gsch2pcb method.  It's tricky to get gsch2pcb to accept merged layout chunks
without erasing footprints because of wrong refdes.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1