Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

Randall Nortman wrote:

> I've been noticing this whole heavy vs. light debate for a while, but
> not really following it.  A heavy symbol is something that is fully
> specified, including footprint, right?

Yes, with implementation details that help you check as you go towards building it.

Steve Meier wrote:
 > I am becomming more and more a proponent of heavy symbols or even a data
 > base then can generate heavy symbols.
.
.
.
So the question is... is there enough support in
 > the geda community to create a heavy symbol library?

I support the idea as sound, and I'll help as I can...
not swimming in time and money though...

How would we load up a database?  It's the same question of how do we agree
what to put where?  Now, some is at gedasymbols.org, some is in the distribution,
some at John Luciani's website...

I say create mechanisms/tools to help load one up, including footprint
and symbol translators from manufacturers pdfs, gattrib, anything.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX