Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] "first board" docs

On Wednesday 05 December 2007, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Comments?  Ideas?

Another project I am working on has a need for a "line amp"
card.

The project is listener supported community radio.  There are a
bunch of community organizations all just getting started, all
on very tight budgets.  I am looking into a group project to
design and build equipment.

A good "first board" could be a line amp card for the project.
It's just an op-amp, output buffer (2 transistors), voltage
regulator, some protection, ....  By bringing out the correct
pins, it can be configured several ways.  I count 16 parts.

Recording studios, radio stations, and TV stations use lots of
cards like this.

After this, there are bigger things in the works.  We are trying
to make possible a complete radio station with free/open-source
software and either commodity or open home-buildable hardware.