Re: gEDA-user: Who likes a challenge?

Short answer, I've no idea what's going on. Does the log just stop
there?

If this isn't a rhetorical question I would say I have even less of an idea.  I'd default to the Fedora forum.

Thanks Peter

On Dec 6, 2007 3:11 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 14:49 -0500, Robert Butts wrote:
> I was finally able to get my boot messages after frying my operating
> system trying to install gwave.  It doesn't make much sense to me YET
> so I'm hoping someone else will see what's going on.  I attached the
> file.

There isn't enough information there to see why the operating system
services are failing to start, those messages just represent the kernel
bootup log, not anything relating to operating system services.

There are some strange errors coming from one of the ATA disk drive
buses though, although they quiet down after probe time.

Short answer, I've no idea what's going on. Does the log just stop
there?

I'm guessing there may be some other informative logs under /var/log/...
but I've just no idea which to suggest you look at (since I don't run
Fedora).

/var/log/syslog
/var/log/messages
/var/log/daemon.log

Might be interesting, but your logs may not correspond (in filename or
contents) to those I have on my system.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,