gEDA-user: pcb 20070912 and GTK trouble

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:20:42 -0500
From: "Meador, Ryan D"

>Hi all,
>Probably, the subject line of this post is making you go "wtf?".  I'm having
>an issue with PCB (which just started, and to the best of my knowledge I
>haven't updated it in a couple weeks).  You know the component reference
>designators that are part of every component?  I can't move them around
>anymore!  I have no idea why... they refuse to drag when I use the mouse.
>Every once in a while, if I get really lucky, right after I start PCB I'll be
>able to move 1 or 2 of them before it stops, but that's rare.  And I'm
>reasonablely sure it's not a time-based thing.  So, I've tried clicking to
>select, then dragging (both with left button), dragging with middle button,
>and selecting with left button and dragging with middle... no dice (most or
>all of those methods used to work).  Please help!

Yes, this problem exist in current (20070912) GTK version of pcb.

It is nearly impossible to grab the reference designators. If I try to grab it a
few hundred times, I may succeed. After this success, I can grab this one again
and again without problems. (Selecting a fine or no grid make no difference.)

This problem, together with the jumping window content
(http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Sep-2007/msg00345.html)
makes it very hard to use the GTK version.

Currently I am doing only schematics with gschem (which works very fine!).
When I have to make my next pcb board, I will recompile pcb for lesstif GUI.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski