Re: gEDA-user: need a bit of help with a (plated?) drill

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 02:59:45PM -0800, Lope De Vega wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someboy give me a hint with this? I'm trying to
> connect a pin to ground, but I don't seem to be able
> to .

You seem to have GND flooded on the top of your board.  Due to the
placement of components and wires on the component side, the area
with that pin is cut off from that polygon.  You could see it more
readily if you turned off thin-draw-poly (ctl-shift-p) to see that
there's no flood around that pin.

Also, you don't need vias to connect your component and "gnd" layers
if they're the same physical layer (in a layer group together) as
they appear to be from the polygon clearance.  Eg J4 does not need a
via to reach the copper on the same layer.  You can just use the
thermal tool on the pin.  For pads you can just draw a wire and use
'j' to let it flow into the poly.

And finally, your annular rings are microscopic.  You're designing
to something like 8/8 rules and it looks like you have 2mil annular
rings at most.  If you build this by hand it's going to be almost
impossible to line the sides up.  If you have it manufactured, it's
not going to pass DRC.  If you need tips on fixing that you can ask
the list...

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>