Re: gEDA-user: PCB Thermal finger width

Steven Michalske wrote:
> Indepedent!
>
> On Dec 12, 2007 5:43 AM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It currently uses the clearance.  I'm not sure which it *should* use,
>> or if we should redesign it to be independently adjustable.

Just a little history here.  It used to be that thermals were drawn with
line segments.  You had to pay attention to how wide that line was due
to the circular end caps.  Unfortunately it meant that if you had a
small annulus, and a large clearance to polys you'd end up with thermals
which stink.  ThermScale was a hack (sorry about that) to give slightly
better thermals without really messing with the underlying logic.  With
the clipper code, it may be time to revisit that whole question of how
thermal layouts are specified.

-Dan