gEDA-user: Examples for clever use of attributes?

Hello,

I am doing my first larger design with gEDA, so I have to do good
bookkeeping.

gnetlist -g BOM is very helpful, but I have to fill in the attributes...

For ICs I have currently something like

device=LM741
footprint=SO8

For resitors and coils

device=RESISTOR
value=100k
footprint=0805

device=COIL
value=3.3u
footprint=1206

This is OK, but for (some) resistors I should add max voltage and power
dissipation. For critical coils I must add the exact type...

How should I do this best?
Put all additional information in comment=... attributes?
Or should I define my own attributes like PartNr, Vendor, ...

Is there a place where I can find some good examples?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski